Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Some things change...

I've been hearing this quote many times already, Change is the only constant thing in the world.

Lately, I've been wondering how this year differs from the other years. It has brought great things and some things not that good. But the blessings really outnumbered the bad ones.

I remember how I envied my friends who graduated from college making their dreams become a reality. This year, God has granted my prayers and handed me that diploma I am really proud of. My SP (thesis) days and sleepless nights, how I had my final defense and wanted to scream in joy, and on our graduation day as I marched onto the stage hearing my friends cheer, these are the ones I love to re-examine from time to time and feel God's goodness in my life. It ain't an easy life but when you have family, friends, and God to back you up, rough roads become smooth eventually.

The new phase of my life didn't sink in right away. I felt it on the day of our school registration. I'm not a student anymore, I'm not there, and I missed being one. *sigh*

After a month of rest, I started looking for a job. I didn't find one but I am founded by it haha. Seriously, a friend asked me to apply in the company he's working at. My dad and brother convinced me to try it because for me I don't want to be working with someone I knew. They might expect so much of me and unable to reach those expectations. There's no harm trying anyway. To make it short, I took the IQ test, went back for the hands-on exam and got into the final interview by God's help.

I now got myself travelling back and forth from San Pablo to Alabang instead of San Pablo to Los BaƱos. The travel time is longer and have to ride on a bus instead of a jeepney.

Now, I have to mingle with different people of different attitudes and ages. It was hard at first, I mean really hard for me, new environment, new faces, new everything. But I'm getting used to it. I found new friends, I learn a lot and I'm thankful for everything that's happening to me. I know there are more changes to come. Thinking of it makes me scared so I'd rather not think about it haha, the Bible says not to worry about tomorrow but always be prepared. For now, I just want to cherish each day that comes and fill my mind's photo album with priceless memories.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi ate karen. lamo, silent reader din ako. ngayon lang. :D exchange exchange!

Unknown said...

ngerks hehe..thanks :]

Kristlyn Marquez said...

You deserve to be happy karen...:D Keep on fighting to different challenges of life..:D As I and Agee always say, AJA!!!

Unknown said...

yeah right! nagsisimula pa lang ako hehe.. tnx!