Thursday, January 04, 2007

A fresh start and a new beginning

This is my first 2007 entry. My friends have written theirs already. Though I had many attempts to update my blog I need to work first yeah work work.

Just a glimpse of what I did during the break. I really missed staying home and oh the food of course yum yum... I have seen my relatives I got to see during Chritstmas only. Some of the little kids have grown fast. Some of them, I met for the first time. Christmas is really different, it brings glow to everyone's face. I love it!

Day after christmas is my lil' brother's birthday. My nearby relatives ate dinner with us. We were very happy because my mom participated on the said occasion. I missed her seeing that way, eating a lot, talking with the people around her and every time I see her happy, I'm happier. The next days were at work again. I'm not used to short vacations but then there's always a first time.

Two days before new year we had our family reunion on my father's side. Again we had it done in our home. Everyone was present. We were around forty I think. It was totally a great night! It's a potluck party, the food were delicious. My dad and uncles made ihaw-ihaw, too. Instead of having exchange gifts, we made the brought gifts as raffle prizes. I got a foot lotion hehe. Everyone's attention were caught when somebody throws coins/candies.

The night wouldn't be complete without you dancing the BOOM TARAAT song. Grabe!!! You can't have an excuse for not dancing because my uncles who were a bit drunk would force and drag you in the center. Because my grandmom doesn't want to, they joined her hahaha! We finished around 3am after playing the blackout bingo. What a night, we had a blast!!!

New year's eve, food trip again! We got to talk with our relatives abroad, thanks to g-talk =) I miss you guys!

Yesterday, Agee asked me my New Year's resolution and wasn't able to answer. It's already the fourth and still, I can't specify anything. I guess they are too many to tell haha. Well, I dunno if you would agree on this. In fact research indicates that:

  • 80% of us would have broken our resolves by January 31!
  • Sadly only 5% of us would have continued in our quest to see through the resolution by year end.
  • At the end of day when we prepare our New Year resolution, we are half-hearted about it.
For me, new year is a good time to assess yourself. Some never make resolutions because they say they never keep them anyway. But don't you think it's worse not wanting to change, improve, and do different things this year? So what if I fail? Then I'll make sure those failures would all the more motivate me further. I remember my Management professor when he told us, "if we fail to plan then we plan to fail".

As of now, I still have no specifics. I'll ask God for wisdom on the resolutions I have to make. I might stop or start an activity but I'd make sure it would honor HIM and rely on HIS strength to be committed to it.

Hope we achieve the things we set for this year!


2 comments:

chris said...

ui! i agree.. if we fail to plan we plan to fail! :) hehe... cyah soon!

Unknown said...

tlga nkpagcomment ka pa ng almost 5am ha hehe.. yeah, cmown!!!